Monday, July 2, 2012

The Indecision


In the latest chapter of the drama that has dragged on for the last 2 years, Dwight Howard has come out and said that, "There's only one team on my list and if I don't get traded there, I'll play the season out and explore my free agency after that." Most basketball fans and insiders, myself included, believe the team he is referring to is the Brooklyn Nets, the assumption being that Deron Williams will not leave for Dallas, stay in Brooklyn, and he and Dwight form the core of the Nets. Since this began about 2 years ago, teams such as the Lakers, Nets, Mavericks, Clippers, Rockets, Bulls, and even the Heat have been rumored destinations. Just based on appearance, it looks like this will dominate the NBA offseason news cycle until there is a resolution. 

Personally, as harsh as I was with LeBron after The Decision (and I was pretty harsh with him), I believe LeBron's Decision pales in comparison to this. Dwight Howard keeps leading everyone on, has them believing he will go to Brooklyn or LA, only to keep changing his mind again and again. He has demanded trades, only to take back those demands, signed an extension with Orlando only to want out later on, and managed to get his coach and GM fired. Now he claims he was "blackmailed" by the Magic into signing the extension. Much as I have criticized LeBron over the years, what Dwight has done has been far more destructive, and unlike LeBron, can't seem to make up his mind. I really don't want to devote more time and space to this dude, but here's something that made me laugh my ass off:

No comments:

Post a Comment