Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Open Letter To Ron Artest /Metta World Peace


Dear Ron/Metta,

You've been a Laker for 3 years now. In that time, I've seen the good (Game 7 vs. the Celtics, post-game interview, all the times you've come up on D for us, the bicep kiss after every big play), I've seen the bad (defensive lapses, bad shooting), and I've seen the ugly (the elbow Sunday on Harden). Despite what happened Sunday and the 7 game suspension given to you by that fool Stern, I still support you. I'm not condoning what you did. I think you did something pretty stupid and showed some bad judgment at that moment. You've taken an absolute beating from the media the last couple of days, and I think they're wrong for it. Yeah you did something wrong, but they're overreacting and acting like you killed someone. It's all bullshit to me. For example, that fuckin' hypocrite Bruce Bowen said you should be suspended for 10 games. Is he serious? His entire career was all about cheap shots and dirty plays. All I'm saying is you can be yourself and do all your shit, just keep your emotions in check a bit. Even though you're in deep shit with the league, just know this: Not just me, but Laker fans everywhere have got your back.

Love,

Alex Reyes


No comments:

Post a Comment