Wednesday, April 25, 2012

KeMVP


So far this season, Matt Kemp has been playing amazing for the Blue Crew. In fact, he is batting .455, and has 9 home runs and 22 RBIs. It may seem like a stretch, since there are a lot of other great players out there, but I truly believe that no one over the past year has played better in all of the MLB or has been more valuable to his team than Matt Kemp. Matt has carried his team in so many different ways, and has been a huge part of their success. The Dodgers, last year, went 82-79, good for 3rd in the NL West. In my view, this proved to be costly in the MVP voting, as Ryan Braun ended up winning. To me, the only reason Ryan Braun won the MVP was this:

Brewers- 96-66, NL Central champs
Dodgers- 82-79, 3rd in NL West

That's it. A playoff berth was the only reason Ryan Braun won the MVP. But, to me, Matt was more valuable to his team, which is what this award is really about, not necessarily the best player on the best team or one of the best teams, which is what I think the writers made it about. The fact Ryan Braun won MVP became particulary upsetting to me after it was revealed Braun failed a drug test and tested positive for steroids. It left me wondering about Ryan Braun's production and I came to the conclusion that steroids had robbed a more deserving player of an MVP award. I know it's early, but this year, it looks like Matt is playing with a vengeance and out to prove who the true MVP is. So, this should serve as a notice to the rest of the MLB. Matt Kemp is coming for you, and he's pissed off. He's hungry, he wants revenge, and he wants to take what's rightfully his, the NL MVP trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment