Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Think Blue

Picture courtesy of Stamford Advocate

I realized, I haven't written nearly as much on my Dodgers as I had planned to. But, I have a good excuse for it, with the Kings' Stanley Cup run and NBA playoff coverage I've been doing. A lot has happened since the last time I wrote a Dodger article. My boy Matt Kemp has missed about a month and a half worth of games, but the Dodgers have held up well without him. These last few games, however, have been disastrous. First off, the Dodgers were humiliated, embarrassed in a sweep in Oakland at the hands of the A's, then to make it worse, the Mickey Mouse Club, I mean, the Angels, took 2 out of 3 in Anaheim over the weekend, taking the Freeway Series 4-2, with the two wins over the weekend coming after the Dodgers blew early leads. To top it all off, the Dodgers were demolished by our hated black and orange rivals by the Bay (I won't even say their fuckin' names, that's how much I hate them) 8-0. Now, as I write this, the Dodgers are locked in another critical game with that team up north, and our division lead down to just 2 games. 

Despite the anger that you saw in the last paragraph, I am staying positive. I know this is a very talented team that has been able to survive, and has held up well, without Matt in our lineup. I know what this team is capable of and what their potential is, which is why you saw some of my frustration in that last paragraph. Do I think we can win this series against the Giants, and the next one against the Mets? Absolutely, but we have to play smarter, more disciplined, get our offense going, and most of all, not make stupid decisions that allowed us to blow leads in the last series. We do that, we will pile up the wins like we have done for most of the year, and stay in 1st place. We don't do any of the things I just listed, well, I don't need to explain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment