Monday, June 25, 2012

NBA Finals Wrap-Up 2012


As readers of this blog know, I am not exactly the biggest fan of LeBron James. In fact, I have been very critical of him. However, all bias and hatred aside, he played the best basketball of his career in these NBA playoffs. He finally silenced everyone, myself included, who believed he would never win a ring. Admittedly, this is hard for me to write, but I want to be fair. I'm giving the man his due for his performance. I've always known he was capable of this, but he has failed to deliver on it, which is a big reason why I've been so critical of him in years past, and this year too, until it became apparent he was finally going to win last week. How do I feel? I have mixed feelings, to be completely honest. On one hand, I have to give LeBron his due the same way I've given it to Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, and Dirk in the past, which I have no problem with doing. But, on the other hand, seeing LeBron, Wade, and Bosh holding the trophy made me feel that their win justified the whole concept of superteams, and that everyone else in the league would try to copy it. Full disclosure, I've always thought superteams were entertaining for the fans, and created a lot of storylines, but I've also felt that they're bad for the sport as a whole. I'll talk more about the issues surrounding the NBA later, but for now, as much as it pains me to say it, congratulations, Miami.

And now, one last question with @Mel_Loves_LAL:

We all know LeBron's Finals MVP, but who's your under the radar MVP?
Mel: Without question Shane Battier.


Thanks Mel, for your analysis during these Finals, and most of all, for taking the time out of your day to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment