Monday, May 21, 2012

Honesty


The Clippers are now out of the playoffs. Damn, it feels weird saying that this late in the season. But, here's my assessment of them: They're overrated as hell. I know what you're thinking, "Alex, isn't that a little harsh?" Technically, yes, but in most cases, not a single fuck is given on this blog. Yes, I know they're a good team, but lobs will only take you so far. They'll get you on SportsCenter, but not to the Finals. I can see Clipper fans pulling out their excuses already: "CP3 was playing hurt." Yeah, but so was Kobe in the Lakers' 2010 title run. Even if they lost that year, I guarantee you we wouldn't have used that as an excuse. "Chauncey was out for the season." So what, you have another leader in CP3. Not like Chauncey would've helped you beat the Spurs in a best of 7 anyway.

Clipper fans have said this year when I talk shit about them, "Oh, you feel threatened now, don't you?" No. I don't. You can keep saying I'm in denial, but that's bullshit. You wanna know the real reason I've talked major shit about them? I miss clowning them and making fun of them for sucking ass. They were my one consistent source of humor and comedy, regardless of whatever the Lakers were going through. David Stern's bitch ass changed that instantly. Clipper fans, and even some Laker fans asked me, "What's wrong with having two good, competitive teams in LA?" Actually, there's nothing wrong with it. I just love beating up and torturing the Clippers and their fans like a red-headed stepchild. When the Clippers acquired stole Chris Paul from the Hornets, thanks to David Stern's cockblock, I was thinking that it would actually force me to do something I never thought I would ever have to do: Take the Clippers seriously. In my heart and publicly, I still maintained they were overrated. I know there was that one fluke year in '06, with Elton Brand, Corey Maggette, and Sam Cassell, but I knew those fuckers just got lucky.

This year seemed different. I heard Clipper fans saying, "We run LA now! Kobe's old! The Clippers rule this city!" My first thought was, "Damn, crack smoking is more common than I thought." Then, I remembered they improved with CP3, but I still wasn't convinced. After the Lakers' first regular season meeting with the Clippers, which they lost, Clipper fans wouldn't shut up. The bandwagon grew and grew. Then, they made the playoffs, which didn't shock me considering their team, but I had this feeling they would choke as a team. Somehow, they beat the Grizzlies coming from 27 down, and I dismissed it as another fluke, yet they ended up winning in 7. After surviving the Grizzlies, they have now been swept by the Spurs, and their season is over.

So, despite my dislike for them, I'd just like to say to whatever Clipper fans there are, bandwagon or otherwise, you've had a good season and have a good team.

Actually, no. I was just bullshitting on that last one. You owe us rent by the 15th, motherfuckers. Or else we're doubling it again. And enjoy CP3 now, because if next year is anything like this year, you fuckers will lose him to that team across the hall with all the banners. Some people reading this are probably thinking, "Alex, why do you have to be so mean?" I just feel like being an asshole sometimes.  What can I say? Hey, at least I'm honest about having an asshole side of me.



1 comment: